[ale] laptop diagnostics

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Wed Jan 19 23:12:01 EST 2011

I had a problem with a glob of dust blocking 3/4 of the "huge" 1 inch
radiator INSIDE of my Dell laptop.  The laptop kept overheating when
running under stress.  It would take a while to get there though.  I had
to take the cover off and carefully remove the heat pipe and radiator
and clean it.  I was afraid it wouldn't go back on properly, but I got
it back on.  I put some wedding ribbon, which is a very fine mesh, on
the fan intake to keep the big dust particles out.

Ron