[ale] looking for a reasonably priced color laser printer

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 09:38:48 EST 2011

Brother makes a nice color laser that is very linux friendly. I have a
HL-4070CDW model. It's in cups _and_ Brother has an extensive Linux drivers
page here:
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html

Toners are reasonably priced and drums are replaced separately. C=color,
D=duplex, W=wireless (I only use the wired network connection). It's been
very reliable.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 7:15 AM, Geoffrey Myers <lists at serioustechnology.com
> wrote:

> I have a minolta color laser that has just bitten the dust.  I'd like to
> replace it with another color laser that is linux friendly.  Suggestions
> would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> "I predict future happiness for America if they can prevent
> the government from wasting the labors of the people under
> the pretense of taking care of them."
> - Thomas Jefferson

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.