[ale] backup heart attack - almost

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Jan 17 23:11:38 EST 2011

Filesystem utilities, and many programs under Windows, only guarantee that
the FS is happy. Often restoring the ability to boot comes after fs
restoration. Unless you dd to a similar enough drive for it all to work
(depending on the operating systems on the drive, anyway).

--
Sent from my HTC Vision (G2), running Gingerbread.
That is, a phone-like mobile device. :)