[ale] Photo Management

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Tue Jan 11 13:49:30 EST 2011

All,

I've been searching for a solution to this for a while.  My wife and I are
both avid amateur photographers, if you will, and so we have a collection of
~55GB of photos.  Unfortunately, they're not very organized.  I've been
trying to find a solution to allow us to collaboratively organize this mess
over a network share.  Unfortunately, tools like Picasa and iPhoto want to
copy files into a local library and save their tags to a local (and
proprietary) database.  I'd like to find something cross-platform (she uses
OS X and Windows and I use Linux, obviously) that will embed the data in the
files themselves.  Can anyone give me pointers on what I should be looking
at?

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
GNU/Linux System Architect