[ale] A reason NOT to remove Windows from a laptop

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Jan 7 17:36:06 EST 2011

On 01/07/2011 02:12 PM, Ron Frazier wrote:
> FYI, I just discovered another reason to leave Windows on there.  I
> decided to update the BIOS on the machine to the latest version.  I
> discovered that the BIOS flash update program from the Dell website is
> designed to run under Windows.  So, it's a good thing I hadn't erased
> Windows or I couldn't update the BIOS.

I erased the windows partition on my dell laptop, but only to get rid of
the hidden partitions & reclaim the extra space.
 my Dell XPS laptop is 4 years old now..  14" monitor. I like my wifes
Inspiron 1525 laptop better, nice 15" screen..

I think 17 is way too much laptop to try to use.. but that's just ME:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800