[ale] OT-humidity, was: Re: Best way to get dual display working (take 2k)

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Jan 6 10:24:39 EST 2011

On 01/06/2011 10:07 AM, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Just read your humidifier comments. I used to live in Florida and had
> participated in a demo/study at one of my jobs where we worked inside a
> factory/plant environment. Even though the outside air/humidity was
> around 67% - 80% normally we still had static problems inside. People
> tend to think that just because they live in a humid sub-tropical
> environment that's the outside, inside you normally have air
> conditioning, which is essentially a big dehumidifier. The study showed
> that our inside humidity was no more than 50%. Now a days those
> environment systems usually also have humidity controls as well as
> temperature.

I'm not sure I understand what you meant me to understand with that :)

I have a dehumidifier in my basement that takes water OUT of the air,
dumping it into a 30 gallon trash can that I empty once a week or so,
setting it on 50%. It runs in the basement which isn't heated, but the
furnace is there. Once the A/C is shut off, I wait til the heat has come
on, then fire up the DEhumidifier, also keeping it around 50%.. I think
it was 32% when I first turned on the humidifier.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800