[ale] Which large capacity drives are you having the best luck with?

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Wed Jan 5 19:58:51 EST 2011

At XM we used Spinrite quite a bit and had very good results with doing
data recovery and recovery of HDDs.  It's saved my bacon at the studio I
support here in Lilburn and got me to where I could make a good back-up
of data and rebuild a drive for which there was no back-up.  In that
particular case, Spinrite made it possible for me to even Ghost the
drive in question and build a good copy.  We only lost one day of work
and the whole studio was back in business.

I'm game for other tools that would do the same thing but am not
experienced with them (whatever they are).  If anyone has links to them
I'd like to review them...

Spinrite doesn't solve all problems but it sure has been useful in my
toolkit.

RinL