[ale] Better ISP?

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Wed Jan 5 00:21:05 EST 2011

My experience in Gwinnett:  AT&T DSL is consistent but their tech
support is a joke (don't even know what Linux is!) but you can get
online w/o their help.  Their business office isn't much better...great
way to spend your life on "eternal ignore" if you're into that!  Not a
big deal to program the "modem" for Linux use.  We were on Clear for a
month...REALLY liked their customer service...good tech support (they
had a clue) but not nearly enough bandwidth.  We got capped at the tower
and were luck to get 700K down!  If you're not far from a tower and the
tower isn't saturated they may be worth a try.  Be careful with them!
They seriously over-sell their bandwidth!!!

We're stuck with AT&T now...I hate it but that's what we've got until a
better player comes into the field.

PS>  We d/l & u/l programming content for commercial broadcasting daily
and have to have a solid connection with no dropped connections.  Clear
was down a lot for minutes at a time...don't have that issue with AT&T.
Really need FTTH for our needs.........

Rich in Lilburn