[ale] cpu load 8.5 on usb to usb move

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Feb 26 16:24:18 EST 2011

>> I still don't know why IEEE 1394 didn't win over USB...
>>
> I'm not a marketing expert, and don't want to be one. But I can afford
> to lose a small wager that the reason IEEE1394 didn't win was time to
> market and/or upfront $$$.
>
> Not an engineer, but IEEE 1394 is still a better, more versital, robust,
> better standard. Thus it should be abandoned (bitter satire in voice there)
I prefer external connections not to have direct access to the internal
computer RAM without any security.
http://www.astalavista.com/files/file/9829-memory-forensics-over-the-ieee-1394-interface/
Also, we don't know what the real license costs of Firewire ($0.25 per
end-user system) vs USB (royalty-free licensing arrangement for
compliant products) were either. I googled to find those - you can too.
Non-free can be a major issue for makers.  Free wins.