[ale] ALE forum ?

Doug Hall doughalldev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 21:33:58 EST 2011

In my opinion, the Google group should be ALL that we use. For those
who don't want to log in to a website, simply use the email option
(which is the default membership type). Those of us who prefer not
getting all the email messages can use the no email option and log
into Google to see all the messages. All of this is in the "manage
memberships" link under your Google account - available from any
Google website when you're logged in. In either case, you can always
send a message to the group the same way we currently do on the email
list. In fact, you can associate multiple emails to your account and
email the group from any one of them. I manage several Google Groups,
and it just doesn't get any easier. Google handles the SPAM, lets you
monitor the first message (to help spot spammers), etc. Another
advantage? It's Google. You can search everything very easily.

With BOTH an email list and a user group, one will suffer.

Doug Hall