[ale] what do you folks think for running linux on this

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:03:43 EST 2011

I gotta agree with you on the points you raised.   I do have an IBM
thinkpad 600x ( sticker inside says it was built in 2000) running
xubuntu.  It's slow but adequate for some things, which makes it a
great deal for the price ( $0 ). But the antique graphics stuff means
that it won't run ReplicatorG ( http://replicat.org/ ) for example.
It does have a serial port though, so I'm hoping to use it to
resurrect some dead Kuro-boxen.

-- chs