[ale] make some apps/scripts run as root

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:32:42 EST 2011

Yes. And websphere runs as a service on developers machine for them to
develop on. Just like X and ssh and all the other "services" that
Linux uses.

777 is a setting that is NEVER used unless you want BAD THINGS to happen.

So just set it to 755 and run from that.

Developers _should_ be writing their app stuff to their own folders
and then deploying onto websphere using the tools in WS.

Alternatively, set up a single internal Websphere server that all
developers can write to and let them use that.

Be sure to read all the setup docs that IBM provides on how to both
admin and develop for WS. They are the best source of of "how do
I...?" answers.