[ale] kernel boot parameters

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 11:43:43 EST 2011

boot single user mode, edit files to blacklist broken module. Because
singleuser mode will not use networking, the module will not be
autoloaded as it's not called until needed for runlevel 3.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/lkn/lkn_pdf/

Greg wrote "The Book" on Linux Kernel stuff (literally!). The entire
book is in pdf. Chapter 9 has boot params to tinker with. Every Linux
admin should own a dead tree version of this book.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Boris Borisov <bugy at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that the problem is that I cannot boot live/install CD because of the kernel loading wrong module therefore cannot install on this machine. The ugly way around is to pull this wireless from the box and just donate it to some Windows user:) Anyway the driver seems to work very unstable!

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.