[ale] myth without tv part

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 12:43:56 EST 2011

Friends:

I understnad that there is TV in MythTV.  But since my tuner is not there
yet, can I use Myth as an Entertainment be all util.

For example, I have ripped 10 dvd's and I have mpegs of those in my backend
server (which also runs the front end for now).

Whatever configuration I do, I am unable to see the mpeg files show up in
the front end.  I am not sure what I am missing but I was expecting
the front end to show the icons of the mpeg files (or iso), so I can pick
them and play.

Appreciate your time and any inputs to cure my ignorance.

-Narahari