[ale] SUSE package manager and install empathy

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 09:03:07 EST 2011

You're right, it would be silly to decide not to buy a cell phone
because of the form factor of the originals. But that isn't the same
as having your... trust... in a brand completely obliterated because
one fundamental action fails with unrecoverable results. If you bought
an original, huge form factor, Motorola cell phone and it exploded in
your hand as a result of entering a phone number would you consider
buying another Motorola phone in the future? It's unlikely. That's
what happened with me and rpm. I downloaded a new version of rpm from
Red Hat's own repository and did a `rpm -U` to install it. Afterward,
the system was unusable.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/