[ale] Procinfo

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 14:13:10 EST 2011

Sorry about the misfire earlier, stupid phone!

I think using 32bit kernels for VMs running on 64 bit CPUs is a bit silly.  The only memory consumption issues I can think of would be the negative, especially for large memory consuming programs running on the VMs.  Maybe the recommendation is based on using a specific hypervisor.  For KVM, this is certainly not the case.

-Scott