[ale] I have fallen in love with Truecrypt

Matty matty91 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 12:25:49 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Jerald Sheets <questy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Work?  No question.  I'm in financial services.  To me, that is a different
> topic.
> I'm talking about personal machine full-disk encryption.
> Unless I'm going to extensive measures to hide a cache of pirated music or
> porn or other things that would be embarrassing if found, I fail to see the
> need for whole-disk encryption IN MY CASE (before anyone gets their panties
> in a twist).  So, I asked to get some education on what folks might be using

I don't have any pirated stuff, but I do have documents (e.g., tax
records, scanned in letters from my parents, etc.) that I don't want
others to see. Home invasions / burglaries are increasing in numbers,
and if someone steals my computers I don't want to have to worry about
them being able to access my personal information. While I could
selectively encrypt files, I find it much easier to throw everything
in a Truecrypt volume to ensure that I don't miss anything. I know two
people who have had their homes broken into in the past 6-months, and
in both cases the robbers targeted electronics. That got me on the
Truecrypt bandwagon!

- Ryan
--
http://prefetch.net