[ale] mythtv capture card issues

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:35:46 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Scott Castaline <skotchman at gmail.com>wrote:

> > -Narahari
> At the Grub menu hit the tab key to stop timer and then e for edit of
> the highlighted option, this will change to the screen showing the grub
> boot command lines. Highlight the line with the kernel command (usually
> the 2nd of 3 lines) and again hit e to edit that line. Move the cursor
> to the point you want to edit (in your case the very end) or add the
> kernel option. Hit enter after editing then b to boot.

Narahari,

Getting to the grub menu might be a bit tough in Mythbuntu? As the grub menu
is hidden. I made the "permanent" changes recommended below to access the
grub menu at boot. It's relatively easy, as is changing grub back after
tinkering.

"For permanent change you'll need to edit your /etc/default/grub  file --
place a "#" symbol at the start of line GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0. Save changes
and run sudo update-grub to apply changes."

Also, you might try adding the "nopic" option, but "apic" problems seemed to
have all but disappeared in recent kernels.