[ale] Brave New World of IPv6 pixieo - torrent up at LinuxTracker

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Feb 9 14:58:48 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 14:45 -0500, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 14:23 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> > I might as well say too that I have one up as well.  Please use the
> > torrent FIRST, if you can.

> Also, I have one of the systems I'm running serving the torrent over
> IPv6, so people with v6 connections should be able to get it from there
> as well.  I expect Mike W. has his running on v6 as well.

Yes.  For a couple of reasons (like I keep some things on v6 that I
don't want available on v4) I keep the v4 and v6 addressing separate.
If you change "www.wittsend.com" to "www.ip6.wittsend.com" you'll
connect over my v6 connection.  It isn't required to do it that way, I
just do it that way for personal logistical reasons.  Some of my other
servers combine both v6 and v4 records on the same name.

> 	--- Mike

Regards,
Mike