[ale] [OT] clam av for windows

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:59:17 EST 2011

I wish VirusTotal (or similar) would produce detection stats based on
all the suspicious files sent to them.  I suspect they don't due to
all the false positives that AV provides in general.  (ie. I seldom
send them a file that none of the AV tools claims is a virus.  Most of
that is false positives.)

Anyway, I've moved a few windows boxes from AVG to MSE in the last few
months.  I don't have much first hand use of those machines, so I
can't say how well it works from any perspective.

But its free, fully integrated, and I've read some decent reviews.
This was triggered because I read that AVG is no longer keeping a good
set of updated virus definitions.  Again, I can't speak to first hand
experience.

Being a MS product, its Windows only, but for XP, Vista, Win7 it
works.  I don't know about Win2008 server, etc.

Greg