[ale] [OT] clam av for windows

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 10:49:05 EST 2011

Tim Watts wrote:
> Anyone have experience with this? Is it a decent product?

I didn't care for Clam AV on Windows personally, but it's been a few
years so YMMV.

I've never had any major issues with the free version of AVG.  Unless
you go in for them, uncheck the toolbar install.

Avira is also a decent option.  Avira has a nag screen when it updates
the virus signatures (just press "OK" and it goes away) and seems to be
lighter on resources than AVG.  Can't speak enough about their "AnitVir
Rescue System" which runs from a Linux LiveCD.  :)

either will do a casual Windows without their needing to go through a
great amount of configuring.