[ale] [OT] clam av for windows

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Mon Feb 7 22:25:40 EST 2011

If you're friend is running Windows, install Microsoft Security
Essentials, free from Microsoft. This is what most of the security
experts, including Steve Gibson, are recommending for baseline
protection. It gets automatically updated with Windows patches. If you
think she has a virus, you may have to supplement with other products.
However, if she has a virus, you cannot ever be sure you've cleaned the
system. You really should backup the data, format the hard drive, and
reinstall. Be aware that installing multiple AV products simultaneously
can cause problems. You may have to deinstall the old product first.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/?mkt=en-us

Ron