[ale] IPv6 and Atlantic Nexus

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Feb 4 15:13:50 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 14:39 -0500, David Tomaschik wrote:
> So, this and the other thread about AtNex have made me wonder -- do
> all of their devices do NAT in the device?  If so, how do you
> configure DMZ/port forwarding?  (You stated in the other thread that
> you do not have admin access to their modem.)  I'd heard so many good
> things about AtNex, but the last couple of weeks has made me very shy
> of ever considering them as an ISP.  To me, they make Comcast and AT&T
> look good by reputation.

My experiences with AT&T residential have been nothing short of awful.

My experiences with AT&T business have been nothing short of awful.

My experiences with Comcast residential have been nothing short of
awful, with _one_ exception.

My experiences with Comcast business have been much better.  Hell, they
know what a routing table is.  The understand what an IP address is.
They know what traceroute is.  Hell, many of them even know what Linux
is.  Their installer techs use it on a netbook to validate the
installation of business class modems.

I'm not saying that Comcast business class is perfect.  If I ever find a
perfect business or a perfect technical support team, I've probably died
and gone off to IT heaven.  But it provides the second best tech support
that I've ever encountered from an ISP at less than dedicated line
level.

	--- Mike