[ale] Mozy is changing the pricing model.

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Feb 4 10:33:55 EST 2011

It does not seem you took a look at cterra.  Possibly the NAS/cloud
model is not a good one for your needs.

Here is one thing I love about it.  This would fit into the "Mom
Friendly" category.

You install an agent on your mom's computer.  It takes 2 minutes and you
provide it a user an pass that you create on the device.  You are now
done and you can go home and finish the rest.  From the web interface of
the device you can then use that agent to *specify* what folders you
want want to backup.  You are in control.  What I did not like about
dropbox for my users was that they had to know to store stuff in "My
Dropbox".  With this, they know nothing.  I log into the interface and I
select the files that get backed up.  I then select which files get
copied to off site storage.  You get to see her hard drive from home and
choose.

Of course this requires an initial investment in the NAS device.  1TB
sits where you can access it.  You then select stuff that gets synced
off site.