[ale] [OT] Hotel California (Was: Re: Mount a remote NTFS partition)

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Feb 2 10:51:40 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 07:14 -0500, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!

*shudder*

When I was in NW Ohio over the December holidays, I was channel flipping
and wound up turning off the radio one evening.  The next night I got
into the car and started it, and turned on the radio (I needed something
to listen to while the oil warmed up!), and it was playing what I at
first thought was Hotel California.

It was not.

It was to the tune of Hotel California, but it was a Christian Christmas
song called "Hotel Can't Afford Ya" by some group called Apologetix.

I'm guessing that it's protected by parody, but it's really not a
parody.  At least not the way I think of the definition of parody,
anyway.  Anyway, not really here nor there, but when I saw the line that
was the thing I thought of...

	--- Mike