[ale] 26G to backup

Fred Dinkler IV sidusnare at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 10:59:56 EST 2011

Hi,

I like for the splitting up and preserving attributes, I like using tar.
just burning the raw tar to the disk works great, the flags for
everything are built into tar, it was designed with multiple tapes in
mind that translates well enough into multiple files of a fixxed size
that you can raw-burn. tar is also just fine with reading from the disks
one at a time like it was a tape.