[ale] Question

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 14:42:56 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>wrote:

> Since this has degraded into a RH vs everything else, it reminds me of
> having to administer/use a SysV (Motorola) and BSD systems (SunOS) at
> the same time back in the late '80s.  Very different versions of Unix.
> SysV reminds me of the stereotype orphanage headmaster, strict,
> inflexible, intolerant, etc.  Whereas BSD was Marilyn Monroe, sleek,
> easy on the eyes, friendly and compliant!  I can't tell you how many
> times I had to beat the SysV system into behaving!
>
> Good to see which of those systems won.

ooOOoo! cynicism! :-)

yeah. SysV pretty much beat the *NIX world into submission. Happily most
Linux distros have grabbed what they think was the best to run with.

I have never tinkered with a BSD system and I should someday.

As soon as RedHat finished taking over the world!

MUAHAHAHA!!!!

> Jim.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky