[ale] [ot] Xmpp, ejabberd question

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+ale at betteradmin.com
Tue Dec 27 10:42:07 EST 2011

As of rsync 2.6 (1 Jan 2004)
    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src/rsync-2.6.0-NEWS

The man page since then has said (under SETUP):
    For remote transfers, a modern rsync uses ssh for its communications [1]
and the -e section says:
    Typically, rsync is configured to use ssh by default

-e can come in handy if you want to pass other options to ssh, such as
changing the port or encryption cipher.

[1] http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Documentation/Misc/rsync-2.6.6/rsync.1.html#lbAF

❧ Brian Mathis