[ale] In praise of MicroSoft

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 07:28:35 EST 2011

Okay, so they seldom do something right. It does make their successes
all the more interesting.

I just took apart my old MS Ergonomic keyboard. I've had it for years,
used the heck out of it, and can't identify most of the spills, pet
hairs, and other science experiment type things on it. The thing was
easy to take apart and appears to be fairly modular. I can wash the key
sets in a bucket of water and dry them off without having to worry about
electronics. There were soft rubbery pads between the key sets and the
electronic stuff underneath, and the entire assembly came apart nicely.

Hopefully I'm smart enough to put it back together and can use it for
years to come.

Leam