[ale] Bad signatures on keys?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Thu Dec 15 19:26:31 EST 2011

	Honestly the bad signatures can usually be ignored as long as your key
appears fine... When I ran a --check-sigs just before typing this I had
the following output:

168 bad signatures
15263 signatures not checked due to missing keys

	While just running 'gpg --check-sigs "Jeremy T. Bouse"' produced:

1 bad signature
29 signatures not checked due to missing keys

	Running against my 2 keys independently shows me that the "1 bad
signature" is on my 62DBDF62 personal key and my 29AB4CDD Debian key
only has 1 signature not checked due to missing key which means the
remaining 28 signatures not checked are on my old retired/revoked keys
still in my keyring. If I feel up for it I'll run through some gpg
scripting and see if I can't research further as to why the signature is
considered bad.

	As for status... Out of 18 I'm only missing 4 completely that haven't
signed my keys or show my signatures on their key and 1 that I have
received my key signed but doesn't show that my signature to their key
has been received. Actually not too bad.