[ale] server troubles (again)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:28:19 EST 2011

The ALE server is failing. It has simply died more times than I care to
recall and leaves behind a tell-tale trail of

nothing

silence

just a log entry when it is rebooted.

Don't get me wrong. The current machine was also a donated one as well as
the rack space and bandwidth. And I am, as I'm sure all of us are, very,
very grateful.

However, this poor system is needing to be put out to pasture.

I am looking at a donated machine as a replacement system on offer now. As
soon as arrangements can be made to get it racked, and all data duplicated
over, things will be better.

Thanks for the ALE patience on this.

Hopefully the server will stay up long enough to get _this_ notice out...

:-)

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/