[ale] Ubuntu/Mythtv on hdmi out?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 12 14:17:34 EST 2011

"Robert L. Harris" <robert.l.harris at gmail.com> writes:

> I just set up a machine to run hdmi out so I can use it as a media
> player/streamer.  When it booted I got a very quick bios screen then it
> tried to go through resolution matches.  At the end it throws out a
> message saying it's getting an incompatible signal.
>
> I've never worked with hdmi 'monitor' before, especialy to a tv.  Anyone
> have an experience or suggestions on how to get this working?  There is
> nothing in the bios other than enabling the hdmi output.

I've got an Acer Aspire Revo set up as a MythTV Frontend using HDMI
output to my TV.  Works great.  I set it up a couple years ago and
haven't touched it.  IIRC I did use VGA at first to do the initial
installation, then once I got the NVidia driver working I switched over
to HDMI and it's all been great, audio and all!

Target TV is a Samsung.

> Robert

-derek