[ale] Followup to keysigning party.

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Sat Dec 10 01:09:13 EST 2011

	I've received 4 signatures so far either via email or from updating
from the keyserver. 1 of which was only signing one of my keys. I've
refreshed all keys from my keyring from the keyserver and I do see 3
keys from the group with signatures from me on at least some of their
UIDs which I account to me sending the key back to each email address
listed. I signed 18 of the keys as the others I'd already signed previously.

	I double checked including the last ALE keysigning back in Nov '09 and
out of 38 keys I signed I show the signatures on the keyserver for only
14... As I figure that's just about 37% for the last 2 years and only
about 17% from this group. It as only been a few days so I expect that
to go up.

	I would encourage everyone to push their key back up to the keyring
after they've received signatures as this is what will help others see
those signatures. This allows people to trust your keys validity even if
they haven't signed it if enough people they trust have signed your key.
I see I have signatures from at least 53% of the 38 I've signed but not
all of them show my signature on their key, That's almost 20% that don't
appear to have my signature. I'm not sure if that's because they were
unable to received and decrypt the email I sent with their signed key or
they failed to push out after they imported the new signature to their key.:

	gpg --keyserver pool.sks-servers.net --send-key YourKeyId

	I also wanted to add, as I'm one of the ones waiting on the OpenPGP
card shipment to come in, that I will more than likely be generating a
new RSA key when I receive mine. When I do this I will be updating my
published key usage policy along with publishing a transition statement.
Anyone's key that I have already signed as I've already verified your
ID, I will be signing with my new key and sending out the email with the
additional signature. That said, this will likely be the last key
signing I'll do with these current keys.

	If you're curious about my usage policy, simply check the policy URL
included with my signature on your key via:

	gpg --list-options show-policy-urls --list-sigs YourKeyId

	Regards,
	Jeremy