[ale] Least expensive and/or Best -> Newsgroups Provider ?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Dec 6 12:40:53 EST 2011

On 12/06/2011 11:27 AM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On 12/06/2011 04:39 AM, Courtney Thomas wrote:
>> What is the best way to obtain newsgroups now ?
>
> Eternal September:  http://www.eternal-september.org/

I was in a bit of a hurry to get out the door earlier, so allow me to
now clarify:  Eternal September (formerly known as Motzarella) is free
to use, and carries most text-only newsgroups that exist.

You can use any NNTP program to connect to their services; many major
mail programs (e.g., Evolution or Thunderbird) work with newsgroup
servers.  You could use a dedicated program as well, such as slrn
(terminal application), or PAN (GTK).  There are as many NNTP programs
as there are mail readers, and then some.

	--- Mike