[ale] NoSQL web scaling - ot humor

Cameron Kilgore ghostfreeman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 15:09:40 EST 2011

Actually, I prefer NoSQL as being akin to talking to flat files with no
guarantee of success or failure. Especially if you use something that is
EXACTLY that, such as Tokyo Cabinet.

In terms of actually using it, i've used CouchDB and Cassandra. Both Apache
projects, both fairly reliable with effective sharding and load balancing,
and enough documentation to feel comfortable.

that video is old, btw.