[ale] How do you restart the network on Ubuntu

Andrew Sledge andrew at novologic.com
Tue Aug 30 10:58:38 EDT 2011

The Ubuntu package sysvinit-utils provides the service command to
control services.

$ sudo service network-interface restart INTERFACE=eth0

--
Andrew Sledge

NovoLogic : System Developer
Direct: 770.609.2242 | Fax: 678.990.3290 | Mobile: 404.939.2493

Providing confidence, security and resources to help our clients complete
technology intensive projects that focus on consumer education, sales and
communication.

"The significant problems that we have cannot be solved at the same level
of thinking with which we created them." - Albert Einstein