[ale] QEMU Grub boot problem

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Aug 29 16:58:22 EDT 2011

What version of grub are you using and how are you attempting to install it
in the image? As David T. mentioned, no partitions can be a problem, but
grub likes to installed on real devices anyway, which can be an issue. Very
late GRUBs can be used on certain types of images, in certain conditions...
and if it is an older grub it needs a bios mapping.