[ale] xfce4-power-manager works only as root

Ted W. ted at techmachine.net
Tue Aug 23 00:12:30 EDT 2011

Hello from someone new to ALE, (really enjoyed the Drupal presentation)

I'll try to make this brief. I have installed Slackware 13.37 on an old
IBM laptop (new to me). I've installed Fluxbox as the window manager and
am attempting to use the xfce4-power-manager to try and manage the
battery consumption a bit. The trouble is that the drop-down menus to
change the options for things such as the lid button action and critical
battery action are grayed out unless I run the application as root.
Based on my searches I've determined it's likely an issue with policy
kit or maybe hal but I'm unfamiliar with where to go from there. Any
solutions or ideas to get me going in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Ted W. < Ted at Techmachine.net >
Registered GNU/Linux user #413569