[ale] Linux Netbook Options

Timothy Sassone tsassone at spsu.edu
Tue Aug 16 22:09:30 EDT 2011

This is a wonderful idea - the only issue is that I'm a broke college student without a car, so I can't get very far.  Still, there's several places that may at least have something similar enough for me to test it.  I'll see what I can do.  H

owever, if someone more experienced with laptop hardware could take a look at that memory for me in the mean time, and let me know if it's the right size/etc I'd really appreciate it.  It all looks right to me, the comments on newegg revealed that, while it would theoretically support DDR3, the slot is actually for DDR2 667, which I believe is what I had posted.

Also, while I know my desktop allows booting from a USB drive, how likely (or unlikely) is a netbook to offer this same functionality?

Thanks!
Tim