[ale] [OT] [OBNOXIOUS-HTML] Odd WTF question - REALLYr OT

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:28:05 EDT 2011

It was the article I saw where mens clothing sizes were now as bogus as
womens. 36 waist means different things per brand.
I tested this at the local Target. Picked out 6 different pants of the same
size from different labels. Buttoned the waist and stretched them flat. The
size variation was nearly 2 inches.
On Aug 15, 2011 2:38 PM, "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner at water.com> wrote:
> Speaking of morons – When did clothing/shoe makers/retailers decide that
it would be fun to make customers struggle to find sizes on things? Do they
think we’ll just grab and run or actually spend hours opening all the
packages to find the sizes?

> Some time ago I noticed many dress/casual shirt manufacturers started
putting tags in the seam on the inside of the shirt about waist high instead
of in the collar where you might be able to see it through the packaging.

> A couple of weeks ago I went looking for shoes and found one entire brand
that had a place to write in the shoe size but of course the retail drones
didn’t bother so one has to take every shoe out of the box to see its size.

> Over the weekend I went to buy some undershirts and the retails drones at
this chain store (or their warehouse central site) thought it would be fun
to put the price tags on top of the small label that has the size on it
despite the fact there was tons of other space on the packaging to put this.
The shirts were packaged in such a way that the label that was still in the
collar was not visible.

> In both the last two occasions after looking at exactly two things I gave
up in disgust. On the last one I told the store clerk she should have her
manager shoot whatever retard did the price labeling.

> ________________________________
Kinney

<mailto:skotchman at gmail.com>> wrote:
> On 08/15/2011 12:38 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
>> On 08/15/2011 09:18 AM, Scott Castaline wrote:
>>> Man, I thought I had a headache before. At least it wasn't a hangover,
>>> but sure feels like one now.
>> Maybe you should go to the Wayback machine and check out some sites that
>> were around in the mid 90s...
>>
>> That'll really make your head hurt. :-)
>>
>> --- Mike
>>
> Sort of like some BBSs that was using ASCII Graphics in the most
> horrific ways, worse than a Gin knot on a hot *BRIGHT Sunny day *~~

> James P. Kinney III
>
> As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to
> - 2011 Noam Chomsky
>
> http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
>

> Proud partner. Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
>
> Please consider our environment before printing this e-mail or
attachments.
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply
immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and
delete it. Thank you.