[ale] [OT?] Mini PCIe Wireless Cards

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Mon Aug 15 15:25:01 EDT 2011

The Fry's store in Alpharetta has a really good selection of networking
products, a whole aisle about 50 feet long.  I would suspect that they
have such things.  Buying retail is sometimes helpful if you may wish to
return something.  They have another store near Gwinnett Place Mall,
which probably has similar stock.  There's also Micro Center near
Gwinnett Place, but I haven't been there in years.  Even Best Buy might
have something like that, but probably only one or two of them.

The following have local stores plus mail order:

http://www.frys.com/
http://www.microcenter.com/
http://www.bestbuy.com/

For mail order only, you could try:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/
http://www.dealextreme.com/

This last one is one I just found out about, and I mentioned in another
thread.  I have NO personal experience with them, but I know they have
wireless stuff on their web site.  I think they ship directly from Hong
Kong, so returns could be an issue, and I think I read that,
occasionally customs will inspect a shipment and you may owe taxes.
Again, I've never tried this.

Here is another similar source.  The same warnings and disclaimers apply:

http://www.chinavasion.com/

Be aware that, if you give Chinavasion your email address, you will
probably get spam from other sources.  I don't know how the others fare
in that regard.

Sincerely,

Ron