[ale] Odd WTF question

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:30:51 EDT 2011

I'll answer my own question. You are sending HTML mail. You blank
lines are actually:

HTML encoded version:
margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px;
-qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;
-qt-user-state:0;"></p>

Just copied and pasted version:
margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0;
text-indent:0px; -qt-user-state:0;"></p>

Any sane HTML renderer is going to render that as effectively not even
being present. Thus, you have "run together" paragraphs in your wife's
email client.

My recommendation? Stop sending HTML mail. It's hated for good reason.