[ale] Continuing Saga of Centos 5.6

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed Aug 10 11:11:24 EDT 2011

I'm pretty sure you can't do /boot on LVM in RHEL/CentOS given that even when they default to an LVM layout during install they still always create /boot as the first hard partition and put LVM as the second hard partition.

Every RHEL/CENTOS server we have has /boot on a partition rather than an LV for this reason.  Never tried forcing it to LVM.