[ale] CentOS 5.6 64Bit Install

Damon Chesser dchesser at acsi2000.com
Mon Aug 8 09:29:43 EDT 2011

Seems like the obvious is being overlooked here:  Download cd1 and ONLY cd1.  Do a text install.  Or if you want a GUI, if you insist, you may.  When it comes to package choosing, deslect everything but base.  Don't even pick specific pages from base.  Proceed to install and when it is done you will have a base system.  From there you install the packages you NEED for your server.  You should not install the kitchen sink for a server.  If you select more than the base package, figure out you made a mistake and go back to change it, then proceed, it will not work.  It will request disk 6, 3, 4, etc etc.  This will only work if you get it right the first time.  If you make this mistake, reboot and do it again.

HTH

Damon Chesser
dchesser at acsi2000.com
damon at damtek.com