[ale] [OT] Android Requires Gmail email account?!?!?

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Sun Aug 7 21:23:39 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 09:15:00PM -0400, The Don Lachlan wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 08:25:43PM -0400, JD wrote:
> > I trust Microsoft more than Google when it comes to privacy concerns. I
> > think most people have forgotten that Google is an advertising company
> > first and foremost. Just an opinion.
> Microsoft, Google and Apple (and most big companies) are publicly traded
> companies which have a legal obligation to make a dollar in ANY manner they
> can.
> Seriously, this company or that company may play nicer for a while but
> "shareholder right's" groups (read: big money corps) fight against nice and
> if favor of M-O-N-E-Y. As long as the law requires publicly traded companies
> to make a dollar at any cost, we shouldn't be surprised when they do that.

I set up an Xbox account. It wouldn't let me log out!

=====
Couldn't sign you out

We couldn't sign you out because your browser is blocking cookies. To sign
out, close all of your browser windows.

To keep this from happening again, change your browser's settings to allow
cookies. If you don't know how to do that, see your browser's help.

Get help signing out
=====

Hahahahaha!

-L