[ale] CentOS 5.6 64Bit Install

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 18:17:21 EDT 2011

Charles,

This is a bare metal install on a new system with 2 mirrored boot drives and
2 mirrored 1TB storage drives off a 3Ware controller. Plenty of room, but no
previous OS installed, I also have a DVD drive in the system, I just don't
know what other files.

I can see why lots of folks like Ubuntu, at least last time I installed
Ubuntu server 8.4(?) it booted off the DVD and installed w/o any problems.
Sure seems easier to a noob like me!

Greg