[ale] Off Topic, hard drive shredder

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Aug 5 15:25:31 EDT 2011

That’s been discussed here before at length.

Synopsis of previous discussion:
CFLs (fluorescent “bulb” replacements) can be taken to Home Depot and others.

Fluorescent tubes aren’t officially accepted by Home Depot and others but some have gotten away with taking them there.

There are places you can send your tubes but as you noted handling isn’t simple.