[ale] live cd for partitioning LVM partitions.

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Wed Aug 3 13:16:05 EDT 2011

Try rebooting the system single-user mode (select your desired kernel
with the up and down arrows and then type " single" without the quites).

Then login and remount / read only via:

  mount -r -o remount /

You then should be able to use utilities that won't work with a mounted
file system because they usually won't work with a WRITABLE mounted FS.

I use this technique to run fsck on /.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]
Quality spam and virus filters.

them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where
the shadows lie...and the Eye is everwatching"
-- The Silicon Valley Tarot Henrique Holschuh with ... by Bob