[ale] Need AWK Guru input

Andrew Wade andrewiwade at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:24:05 EDT 2011

Dennis,

I posted this last week, but here it is again.  This is the script I run
(simplified) on each RHEL version that gets its version number and then
subscribes it to the correct Satellite channel using activation keys:

Also, fyi I scripted the entire registration process including creation of
my ssl cert for my local satellite:

(I simplified it to the below for the this thread)

#!/bin/bash

### Variables  -> Need to be updated for rhel 3 servers ( ) and rhel 4
servers ()
RHEL3_VER=`cat /etc/redhat-release | awk '{print $7}'`
RHEL3_Point=`cat /etc/redhat-release | awk '{print $10}' | cut -c 1`

RHEL_VER=$RHEL3_VER$RHEL3_Point
ARCH=`uname -a | awk '{ print $12 }'`

cp /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date.bk
cp /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT.bk

## Remove old rhn.redhat.com entry if it exists
perl -npe 's/RHNS-CA-CERT/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT/g' -i
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/*
perl -npe 's/xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/mysatellite.my.domain/' -i
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

## Insert correct SSL Cert and GPG Key

cat > /tmp/gpg-key-1 <<'EOF'

EOF
# gpg-key1
rpm --import /tmp/gpg-key-1

cat > /tmp/ssl-key-1 <<'EOF'
Certificate:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
EOF
# ssl-key1
cat /tmp/ssl-key-1 > /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

if [ $RHEL_VER = 38 -a $ARCH = i686 ]
then
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force
                        service rhnsd stop
                        chkconfig rhnsd off
fi

if [ $RHEL_VER = 45 -a $ARCH = x86_64 ]
then
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force
                        service rhnsd stop
                        chkconfig rhnsd off
fi

if [ $RHEL_VER = 46 -a $ARCH = i686 ]
then
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force
                        service rhnsd stop
                        chkconfig rhnsd off
fi

if [ $RHEL_VER = 46 -a $ARCH = x86_64 ]
then
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force
                        service rhnsd stop
                        chkconfig rhnsd off
fi

if [ $RHEL_VER = 48 -a $ARCH = i686 ]
then
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force
                        service rhnsd stop
                        chkconfig rhnsd off
fi

if [ $RHEL_VER = 48 -a $ARCH = x86_64 ]
then
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force
                        service rhnsd stop
                        chkconfig rhnsd off
fi

if [ $RHEL_VER = 5.3 -a $ARCH = x86_64 ]
then
                        service yum-updatesd stop
                        chkconfig yum-updatesd off
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force

fi

if [ $RHEL_VER = 5.4 -a $ARCH = x86_64 ]
then

                        service yum-updatesd stop
                        chkconfig yum-updatesd off
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force

fi

if [ $RHEL_VER = 5.4 -a $ARCH = i686 ]
then
                        service yum-updatesd stop
                        chkconfig yum-updatesd off
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force

fi

if [ $RHEL_VER = 5.6 -a $ARCH = x86_64 ]
then
                        service yum-updatesd stop
                        chkconfig yum-updatesd off
                        rhnreg_ks --activationkey=1-xxx --force