[ale] OT-related-Re: Well isn't this special

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Tue Sep 28 14:45:19 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 14:32 -0400, Sergio Chaves wrote:
> Being from Brazil and living there during the 60s and the 70s under HARD
> military dictatorship, I can only tell you that I am really concerned about
> the direction the US is taking.

As a conservative, libertarian, I would agree with all you have said.
Right, Left, does not matter if our freedoms are subverted.  It does not
matter if it is right or left, no freedoms left results in the same
state for the individual.  The rest is nothing but a mirror, cloak, or
smoke that is used to hide the true result.  You can claim it is to
"help" or that is is "fair", or that it is for "safety" but the result
will be the same.  Forced compliance.  Less liberty. Loss of property.
Less individualism. More reliance on the Government.

The solution is simple.  Tax less, spend less, stick to Constitutional
limits.  Where is it stated that the State or the Fed has the right to
FORCE a business to allow access to hardware or software in a general
sense (understanding that a warrant would/could allow a specific case
access to specific accounts for a very specific reason).  If the Gov.
wanted this "right" then they need to manufacture the hardware/system
themselves and sell it on the market.  Let the free market determine if
this is a desirable trait to build your business model on or not.

I think this would fail for some reason.